This Banana Chia Blueberry Muffins recipe is my go-to when I’m craving something sweet.
This recipe is relatively guilt free. Although blending fruit is never as good as eating it whole, this recipe has a bunch of other great things going for it. Like:
- It’s gluten free
- It’s sugar free
- It’s loaded with potassium, fiber, healthy fat, omega-3s (from the Chia Seeds), and flavenoids (from the dark chocolate/ Cacao Nibs)
- It can be vegan / plant-based! In the video below, I make this recipe without the egg (and maybe a little extra Chia Seeds). So if you follow a plant based diet, these muffins are a great treat!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 large banana (yellow-green)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips/ Cacao Nibs
- 1 basket organic blueberries
Personally, I like to use a blender to prep these (see the video above).
No blender? No problem. Follow the directions below!
- Preheat oven to 425
- Whisk all “dry” ingredients together in a bowl
- Whisk all “wet” ingredients in a separate bowl (note: begin by smashing the banana first)
- Whisk dry & wet ingredients together
- Grease cupcake pan & pour about 1/2-3/4” mixture into each cupcake hole
- Note: If you don’t have a cupcake pan, you can create 1-2” dollops on a regular cookie sheet instead
- Add about 4 blueberries to each muffin
- If you have extra batter, you may top-off each (try to bury the blueberries)
- Add 3-4 dark chocolate chips/ Cacao Nibs to each
- Give each muffin a little stir to make sure chips are mixed in/ beneath surface (Virgos read: evenly distributed)
- Optional: Top with fresh ground cinnamon
- Bake for 20 minutes
More Good Stuff
Check out more weight loss recipes on Yogi Panda.
And if you dig these, you’ll love our Online Nutrition Coaching program!