Looking for a new take on sweet potatoes?
This “slow carb” sweet potato recipe will rock your world with just 4 simple ingredients. Plus, the serving size is about the size of an average person’s cupped palm. That makes it really easy to control portion size.
One palm per meal if you’re trying to slim down. Two palms or more if you’re trying to build strength, muscle mass, or training for something intense (CrossFit, Muay Thai, BigFoot 250—you get the idea).
Try them and remember—if you dig this recipe, you’re gonna love my online nutrition coaching program!
- 1 to 3 sweet potatoes (can use Jewel, Japanese, or Garnet)
- Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes, removing any dirt/ blemishes from the skin.
- Slice potatoes into ½” to 1” discs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil sliced sweet potatoes for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender enough to easily penetrate with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and line on a greased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to gently smash each disc, pushing the mashed potato toward the center (make a little cake, so to speak).
- Lightly drizzle each potato cake with oil.
- Season to taste with cinnamon and a salt (I prefer LOTS of cinnamon, and a little pinch of salt).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cakes begin to crisp around the edges.
More Good Stuff
Check out more weight loss recipes on Yogi Panda.